Monday, June 27, 2011

Book Talk Tuesday!

Kelly Butcher, over at The Lemme Library Blog, generously hosts a weekly forum for sharing children's book reviews every Tuesday. A couple of weeks ago, however, Kelly's husband took a spill and fractured his ankle. To help her out, I'll be hosting Book Talk Tuesday for her this week.

Here are Kelly's (and thereby my) rules:

  1. All content must be appropriate for children in grades kindergarten through eighth grade.
  2. Websites that you link to must be child friendly since lots of kids visit this site and if they click on your link, I want it to be appropriate for them.
  3. Positive reviews only, please...we only spread love here at the Lemme Library (and LitLad)!
  4. Books must be available in the US. (You are welcome to link to ARC reviews.)
  5. I reserve the right to remove any reviews that don't meet criteria 1-4.

In the link title field, be sure to include the title of the book you are reviewing and your site name. In the URL field, please link to the specific post that contains the book review. (That way, people don't have to scour your blog looking for it.)


After you submit your link, please leave a comment for this post! To help me with my future ice cream tour of America, let me know in your comment your favorite local ice cream parlor. If you can't or don't eat ice cream, answer this (courtesy of our new favorite book, The Faraway Tree Stories) instead: If there are a hundred pages in a book, how many books would there be on the shelf?


Have a great week, and thanks for posting!

14 comments:

Bigfoot said...

I prefer donuts, but one of my favorite ice cream shops is Dietsch Brothers in Findlay, Ohio.

Anonymous said...

The Malt Shop in Duluth, MN. Delicious ice cream with a view of Lake Superior.

Anonymous said...

Babcock Hall ice cream at UW-Madison, WI.

Unknown said...

Dane's Dairy in Iowa City- only open May-September! THANK YOU for hosting this week!
Kelly

Laura5 said...

In Minneapolis, MN it has to be Sebastian Joe's (http://sebastianjoesicecream.com/ice-cream/)
Pavarotti is my favorite. It's described on their site as: caramel, banana, chocolate chip – so good it will make you sing!

Anyone attending AASL this fall? - We will need to take a field trip. ;)

Annie said...

I'm thrilled to link up to you here!

When you're in Brooklyn, NY, check out Uncle Louie G's. Their Cappucino Chunk is insanely good, and their ices are fantastic.

Catherine said...

In the Philadelphia area Rita's Frozen Custards is the way to go. Coconut and mango are my favorites. Thanks for hosting!

Anonymous said...

@Kelly I miss Great Midwestern!

Shelsie17 said...

I was having trouble posting on delightfulchildrensbooks.com site. I just want to say that I love the list. Our theme this year is One World Many Stories and this list could be useful for programs and/or book recommendations.

@Annie Where in Brooklyn is Louie G? I live in NYC.

Michelle @ litchatkids.blogspot.com

Geo Librarian said...

I love ice cream! My two favorite ice cream places in Logan are Charlie's and Aggie Ice Cream (at Utah State University).

Leanne said...

The best ice cream shop near me is Richardson's. They are on South Main Street in Middleton, MA. The best flavor, in my opinion, is cake batter. So delish!

Melissa Taylor said...

I love this idea -- Denver, Colorado and Licks is the best (and cheapest) homemade ice cream. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late with my link-up due to technical difficulties.

Rita's Italian Ice in Collierville, TN.

LitLass said...

Thank you, everyone, for linking up and for recommending your favorite ice cream shops!