Friday, March 30, 2012

Kids' Snack Menu, With 70+ Snack Ideas


I got tired of hearing things like "Mom, what should I eat?" and "There's nothing to eat!" (after I'd listed several possibilities). So I made the boys their own snack menu, to look through whenever they're hungry. I printed it out, laminated it, punched a few holes in it, and put it all together with pipe cleaners, which allows me to add more pages whenever I want.

There are more than 70 snacks on our menu right now, so I used dry-erase markers to show them what's availablewhat they can make themselves, what they'll need help with, and what they'll have to wait a little while forand what's not available. At the end of the menu, I added a page for them to fill out with dry-erase markers anything they want that's not availableso in addition to having to read the menu, they get some writing practice as well. Now I just need to find a frog's eyeball for my future mad scientist...


You can print the snack menu here. The snack ideas on the menu are all healthy, although some of them might not sound it. You can find recipes for many of these ideas at Chocolate-Covered Katie.

5 comments:

Fun Frugal Mommy said...

I love this idea. I was thinking of doing something similar for my kids. I need to use pictures because they're not old enough to read. Thanks for all the neat snack ideas and for sharing on my linky party. : )

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

what a great idea and thanks for the printable

serenityyou.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love it! Reading, writing and food. I am featuring this on my Kids Co-op Showcase on Thursday!Thanks for linking up to the Kids Co-op!

Jessica said...

Found you at TGIF's linky party and I LOVE THIS IDEA. I will totally be making this. I'm thinking maybe i'll need one for breakfasts, lunches & dinner's too? Thanks for sharing!

Jessica @ www.prettyprovidence.com

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

What a FUN idea! And wow - you have so many great snack ideas here!!Thanks for linking up to TGIF! See you tomorrow =-)
Beth