Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Celebrating Dr. Seuss's Birthday in the Bathtub


Dr. Seuss's birthday was March 2. To celebrate, we took our books to the bathtub and had a reading party. Instead of eating cake, as the cat does in The Cat in the Hat Comes Back, the boys had popcorn while I read to them.


Of course, putting two growing boys in one bathtub at the same time doesn't always make for a peaceful experience. Tintin was much more relaxed the next day when he didn't have to deal with any kicking or pillow-stealing ("That's my pillow!" "No, it's not, I bought that pillow before you were born!"):


The printable Dr. Seuss quote on the tub can be found at The Scrap Shoppe.

3 comments:

Trina said...

I LOVE it!! What an amazing idea! I don't know if our bath tub is big enough for this, but I am willing to try! Thanks for sharing! Visiting from TGIF!

Fun Frugal Mommy said...

What a cute idea. We will have to try this some time. : ) Thanks for linking up to fun frugal friday.

Melissa Taylor said...

so totally awesome, I LOVE it! You just made me smile for the entire day. :)